Last Updated: March 29, 2022
- YAT Associations
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Transfer of Information to the United States and Other Countries
- Your Choices
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Additional Disclosures for Individuals in Europe
- Contact Us
The Services allow you to associate information with a unique emoji or combination of emojis (each a “ YAT”). Your YAT can be associated with a third-party website URL, social media handle, cryptocurrency payment address, email address, location data, text data, or other online data that you choose to associate with your YAT (“Associated Data”) in accordance with the YAT Terms of Service.
Due to the inherent nature of the Services, any Associated Data will be public and may not be able to be removed or deleted. Your Associated Data may reveal information about you and those with whom you are transacting. Such information can potentially be correlated with you and others now or in the future by any party who chooses to do so, including law enforcement.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you create an account, fill out a form, submit or post Associated Data through our Services, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party platforms, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, email address, phone number, passwords, referral codes, blockchain addresses, social media handles, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Services or otherwise transact business with us, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase, we collect information about the transaction, such as the purchase price, the date of the transaction, and the YAT you are licensing from us.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your use of our Services, including data about third-party queries via the Company’s API.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from third-party sources. For example, when you connect your cryptocurrency wallet to our Services, we collect information about the various tokens you hold and your wallet’s transaction history and associate such information with your YAT. We may also collect information about you from social media platforms and payment processors, including credit card and other personal information you provide to our payment processors when making a purchase.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about you and your account based on the tokens you hold and/or your wallet’s transaction history.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to administer your account. We also use the information we collect to:
- Enable third parties to access Associated Data via Company’s API;
- Provide, maintain, and improve our products and services;
- Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, and customer experience surveys;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Company and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
As noted in YAT Associations, any Associated Data is made publicly viewable, may be shared with any third party that calls it via Company’s API, and may become permanently public. Other than Associated Data, we share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Company, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Personal information is shared between and among Company and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Company is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations and service providers in the United States. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
You may update and correct certain account information at any time by logging into your account or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to delete your account, please email us at email@example.com, but note Associated Data may not be able to be deleted and we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Company by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) affords consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
California Consumer Privacy Act
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, commercial information, internet or other electronic network activity, and inference data.
For details about the precise data points we collect and the categories of sources of such collection, please see the Collection of Information section above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Use of Information section above. We launched the service in October 2020, since then, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
Personal Information: Identifiers
- ~Service providers; and
- ~people who view your Associated Data.
Personal Information: Commercial Information
- Recipients: Service providers
Company does not sell your personal information.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR INDIVIDUALS IN EUROPE
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data, and this section applies to you.
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data, we will do so in reliance on the following lawful bases:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the products and services you requested).
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data to operate our business or protect our interests (e.g., to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services and communicate with you).
- To comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to maintain a record of your consents and track those who have opted out of marketing communications).
- When we have your consent to do so (e.g., when you opt in to receive marketing communications from us). When consent is the legal basis for our processing your personal data, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
We store personal data associated with your account as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
Data Subject Requests
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you and to receive your data in a portable format, the right to ask that your personal data be corrected or erased, and the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email us at email@example.com.
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. Contact details for your Data Protection Authority can be found using the links below:
For individuals in the EEA: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
For individuals in the UK: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
For individuals in Switzerland: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html